Author Topic: hi  (Read 2506 times)

vern

hi
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:29:07 PM »
i have just at 58 been diagnosed with bi polar II . this now makes lots of sense and for me puts the last 40+ years into perspective. sometimes i can have weeks of not talking to anyone.
even when I'm right i'm wrong

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 12:50:48 PM »
 :welcome: this is a good place to be honest how you feel as we will be able to empathise with you due to different types of depression.

vern

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 12:55:22 PM »
Thanks, I am hoping treatment will let me feel normal, whatever that is! Had a huge meltdown a couple of weeks ago, why does it happen for no Rreason?
even when I'm right i'm wrong

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 02:48:56 PM »
Hi vern,
welcome to the forums.
many things can trigger a meltdown and in the way we feel in general.
im supprised your doc took so long to gome up with a diagosis, but at least now they have and can try to find a way to treat it.

there are many meds out there, and some work better for some than others, just try to remember to tell your doc how you have been feeling so they can tweak your meds if needad.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 07:36:08 PM »
Hello Vern and welcome to the forum  :welcome:.  It has taken a long time for you to get a diagnosis.  Hopefully now you can start to feel better.  Meltdowns can be triggered from many things.  You are not alone here, we all suffer or know someone who suffers.  It helps to be able to talk with others who understand.

X x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 09:02:14 PM »
Wish I could give an answer why meltdowns seem to happen for no reasons.  Like the others have said it could be any reason.