Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4078 times)

FLC

Hello
« on: March 14, 2014, 06:30:19 PM »
Hi all.. I've been suffering with depression/anxiety on and off since the age of 17... I'm now 24 and am suffering a lot at present. I'm now back on medication and seeking talking therapies ASAP but I feel it's wasted on me - I don't feel as if I have any fight left and I just don't know what to do...

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 07:19:45 PM »
Hi FLC,

It is hard to keep going when depression gets bad but it does help to have contact with people who also suffer as we can understand how you feel.  I know it has helped me when I've needed support.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 09:55:11 PM »
Hello FLC, welcome to the forum.  The first thing is you certainly are worth it.  I know the illness makes us feel worthless.  But you can and will get through it. With the right medication and therapy.  We do understand here as we have all suffered or know loved ones that have suffered.

Talking with others who understand helps, as we know what its like.  I have found this forum such a supportive and helpful place to be.

X x
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:57:25 PM by Sweetpea »
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 03:19:06 PM »
Hi FLC, welcome to the forums
depression can knock the wind out our lails, and make us feel like giving up the fight, but you have taken a step in the right direction dy seing your doc and getting medication,
try to remember how the meds make you fel, and relay this to your doc, as a change in meds or boost in the doseage may be required,
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water