Author Topic: I so want to vent!  (Read 3485 times)

chocsrus

I so want to vent!
« on: October 24, 2014, 09:56:46 AM »
Pressure is building up causing a lump of pain inside and I need to release it but can't seem to have the words to use.  Yesterday took a nosedive because of a small lyric in a supposedly motivational song.   I agree with the sentiments of the song but it took me back to square 1 and "No, I hate me, there is no point in being alive".  All day seemed to be triggersome resulting in self-harm, hostility, anger, frustration, tears, the works.  At my anxiety group meeting last night just normal, everyday conversations seemed to fuel the tension inside. 

I just can't seem to release this pressure.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: I so want to vent!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 03:15:06 PM »
It is horrible feeling like, been there a few times over the years.  Can you write down how you are feeling?

Or do you feel you could cope with ringing either the Samaritans or MIND?

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 05:31:58 PM »
Hi  chocsrus,
it is indeed an difficult situation when something as a few lines of a song, or even the entire song can cause emotional pain, the same can happen with a tv show or movie.
As Pip says about writing down how you are feeling, even on here, you can start a journal in ‘Our Private Space’ only members can access this section, so you can say things and get a serious response from others and how they deal with things.

Also, as Pip has said, try MIND, they have great support workers who listen and understand.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

chocsrus

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »
I've written it down in an email to the Samaritans now.  I've been in touch with them quite a bit over the last couple of months.

I might do the journal.  Feel so bad as I get so worked up by the most trivial of things.  It's likely to sound like a me, me, me post.  I know I should think differently, doesn't make it happen though.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 02:05:26 PM »
Hi chocsrus,
good call making cpntact with the Samaritans, be it by email or phone.

dont worry about how your posts sound, even if its just to let of steam / get things off ya chest,
when suffering with depression things are not trivial at all, those that say they are trivial have no idea how depresion can make us feel.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 04:48:39 PM »
It's okay to do me, me, me posts  :hug: as stewart has pointed out.  I'm glad you have managed to email the Samaritans.