Author Topic: Experiment Number One.  (Read 3601 times)

I.B Igor

• Karma Group
  • a good soul is one that has suffered,and is kind.
Experiment Number One.
« on: March 21, 2013, 01:16:19 PM »

I have a daft idea, I  am so fed up of this Cold Damp Horrible Never ending Winter, I have thought of an experiment.
I am going to list all the things I miss about Spring, and WARM weather, to see if I can influence this horrid weather to pack up and go somewhere else!!.

Spring flowers, Sunshine, with warmth in it!, putting Laundry outside to dry, opening the windows and letting the Sunshine in, Watching Butterflies in the sun, the smell of new grass being cut for the first time, just wearing a thin summer top, and breaking out the summer Sandals.
Putting my winter Jumpers in Storage. Packing away my Winter coat and Gloves.
Smelling the first Barbeque of the Summer, HAVING a barbeque, and a nice cold beer in a warm garden. Buying Salad and eating a cold tea.
Daylight right through past seven pm at night, spectacular sunsets, feeding the new Hatched Chicks of the year, and Birdwatching in the Garden.
Doing the gardening and having to wear a hat. Taking my jacket off as its so warm. Eating an Ice-cream cone. The smell of suntan lotion.
Going for a paddle, and wearing a skirt , going swimming in the sea. feeling warm , without putting the heating on. Making Lemonade , and adding ice to drinks. 
Going for a picnic , and using the Picnic basket and blanket . Watching the cat sleep in the garden under the hedge, growing tomatoes , and salad leaves, and taking what I want warm from the garden, and eating it while still sun warmed.
Watching the cat chase butterflies , watching butterflies.
The smell of a warm pavement, looking for the heat haze on roads. Listening to everyone moan its too hot!, wearing a sun hat.
Getting sunburn on my shoulders. Putting sunblock on my nose.
Watching my pale feet go brown. Getting a tan on my legs.
Sitting in the garden listening to the radio , after putting up the deckchair,  without squishing my fingers.
Watching the bats dive bomb the cat in the evenings.
Seeing everyone seem happier as the sun shines.
One for Hubby , listening /watching the cricket.
Walking to town as its such a nice day, and walking back .

So what do you miss of the warm weather?. Anything to remind the weather systems what we really want!.
A good soul is one that has suffered , and is kind.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Experiment Number One.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 03:46:56 PM »
I ventured out last Thursday evening with sandals on 0158 , love the sun  :bigrin: , wearing t-shirts, planted seeds (flowers), bought in salads as we won a hamper with meat, mackerel. tuna, sardines and salmon that go great with salads.  Spending time in the garden when I can.  In fact this is a great thread to make me happier.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:51:15 PM by Pip »

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 04:07:35 PM »
Warmth and pottering about in the garden
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

I.B Igor

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »
 Hubby wishes to add, fresh English strawberries and cream, Pimms on the lawn, watching newly fledged birds, and the smell of freshly mown lawn. and I like a typical High Tea, with scones, jam, and dinky sandwiches, and anything with clotted cream.
Smoked salmon and cucumber and cheese,...mmmmnnnnn.
Come on Summer!!! 0023

Not forgetting the Summer Festivals.
My favorite hobby in Summer, flying a beautiful kite in a crystal clear blue sky, and spotting tiny white fluffy clouds way up high. And looking up, and up, and up, and seeing the tiny fish like flash of an aircraft wayyy above you.
Hearing a plane while sat in a quiet garden. Coming home at the end of a warm day and sleeping with just a sheet over you , as its too hot for the duvet.   
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 08:28:26 AM by I.B Igor »

I.B Igor

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 10:58:57 AM »
Keep at it guys! the Warm Summer Vibes are working, slowly but working, today in our neck of the Woods, is Sunny!!! sFunbanana

Its still cold enough to freeze the Balls off a Brass Monkey , but the sun is shining, and the weather is dry. Hubby has four days off work, and weather permitting, he may do some gardening, we need to get out all the old woody growth and died back bits, before the new growth takes over out here.
Sunshine cold or otherwise is good!. Come on Weather , Gimme some HEAT!!!!.  0064 ga0012 ga0013

I.B Igor

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 03:34:05 PM »
Today is Sunny and warm ish,  0064 I have even put out laundry for the second time this year, and despite the sun being blocked from my washing line after three pm, I am determined to put out another load today.
Dinky the Cat has been out exploring the garden, and its nice to stand in some sunshine and hear the faint ticking sound, of all the garden gates and fences slowly expand in the sunshine.  We need a Sunny Icon Folks!.
Next week is warmer, but wetter, but I think that sluggish gulf stream has finally shifted in our favor, Bring on the HEAT!!.  sign0016 aFuncheerleader sFunbanana ga0011

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 04:48:06 PM »
LOL it worked!!! hottest summer on record isn't it!!
”It’s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can’t. You choose… ‘results’ or ‘excuses’ it’s always down to YOU… no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.”