Author Topic: Kalms  (Read 3490 times)

Munchroom

• Karma Group
Kalms
« on: August 27, 2012, 05:25:08 PM »
Has anyone ever taken these alongside prescription medication for sleep or anxiety?

I used to be pretty addicted to them in order to 'cope' but that was before I was dosed up with other medication  :-\ There was a bit of a crossover but I was feeling so rotten at that point anyway its hard to tell what effect they had together....

I ask because I bought some today in order to get me through my shift tonight, but now I've read the packet 'Do not take if you are taking medication for sleep or anxiety'

I'm on Trazadone 300mg.... but I don't take them on the nights I'm working because they send me to sleep.

xxx
This too shall pass.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Kalms
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 05:26:20 PM »
they have no effect on me at all Munchroom, I might as well take smarties :(   I burn mugwort, it smells pretty awful but it helps me feel calm and sends me to sleep.

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Catbrian

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 06:47:16 PM »
I have no idea either.  I imagine they might make you feel sleepy if taken with other meds.  If you took a smaller dose of Trazadone, would it have the desired calming effect?

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 08:25:08 PM »
I think a smaller dose of Trazadone would still make me sleepy, especially as I'm so tired at the moment anyway. I sometimes split the dose the day after I work a night shift so that I can get off to sleep in the morning amd 150mg works...

I think I'll just put them in my bag and take one if I feel really bad. I've manages to have about an hours sleep but that was filled with a nightmare about work! I'm already pretty anxious  :-\

I might try and find some mugwart Zaf...

xxx
This too shall pass.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 08:28:30 PM »
You can get it fron ebay, make sure its good quality xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Catbrian

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 08:35:24 PM »
I admire your drive to actually get there in the first place, Munch.  Hope it went okay

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 09:42:27 PM »
Thankyou Cat. It went ok... will post more in the private section xx
This too shall pass.