Author Topic: What meds could I try that won't cause sexual dysfunction?  (Read 5428 times)

Catbrian

Re: What meds could I try that won't cause sexual dysfunction?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 06:55:02 PM »
Now, there you go, Shaz, leaflets mention it, Psychiatrists know about it, yet my GP looked at me like I'd just came from Mars....tut tuttie

bendymind

• Karma Group
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 04:05:55 PM »
Well, I'm 3 weeks into my changeover from paroxetine to Mirtazipine

Now taking the Mirt every day and the parox every other day (low dose)

Still dont seem to have much sexual desire - tried a few times and just couldn't 'rise' to the occasion  :(

I have 2 weeks left taking low parox then I'm just on the Mirtazepan

No signs of depression or anxiety but I must say I feel a bit hyper sometimes in a happy confident sort of way.

Lets hope the hyper feeling works its way down to where its needed  ;)

Catbrian

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 10:01:33 PM »
Bendymind.... I also take Mirtazapine.  Probably the sexual dysfunction is due to the paroxatiene that you're coming off (can't remember how to spell it).  I'd say a couple of weeks after you finish the parox, things will hopefully return to normal.  Citalopram certainly seems to have less side effects than many other AD's, although I do believe some studies have suggested the opposite.  But, I can only go on what I hear on here and some of my own experiences.  I think you might (understandably) be thinking a little too much, sometimes a great deal of dysfunction in men comes from thinking too much about it.  I'm sure it will take a little while to get everything back to normal again, after so long.  Just try relax, take it easy and it will come....lol...pardon the pun

bendymind

• Karma Group
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 11:35:16 AM »
Hi Catb, my wife says the same - I'm thinking too much about it

But its a man thing !!

bendymind

• Karma Group
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 11:56:05 PM »
Well, I'm now off the paroxetine and just on 15mg Mirtazepine

The last few days I have been feeling a bit of anxiety coming on.

Tonight I feel dreadful - like I'm about to loose total control and have a major panic attack. It scares me.,

Is 15mg a low (or very low) dose ?

Called my surgery today and next appt available with GP is in 2 weeks !!

Sex drive seems to be coming back though - I think  - not put it into action yet ..