Author Topic: Hi, I'm Kevin  (Read 1280 times)

Redlost

Hi, I'm Kevin
« on: November 08, 2011, 10:39:07 PM »
Hi, I’m Kevin.

I have recently started taking tablets for depression.

My story probably starts about 6 years ago when I separated and divorced from my first wife. I was devastated and went to some counselling sessions and had a good network of friends who I could be with and talk to. I thought I had recovered ok and met someone else within a year, we married a year later, but I was never in love with her and it wasn’t fun so we split up after a couple of years. I moved house to be closer to work but this took me further away from friends, some of the closest I had lost due to arguments with my then wife. Things were ok’ish I had a good job but wasn’t enthusiastic at it, I didn’t have any close by friends but had daily contact with people at work. I started seeing a married woman I had known for years, we did so much together and had so much fun and it became intimate soon after.
I lost my job to redundancy about 6 months ago and went to the job centre and got put on a referral course. I got another job soon after but realised I hated it and wanted a new career, I signed up for some college courses which I am enjoying, but job searching has fallen flat and I have no urge.
My ‘girlfriend’ has recently left her husband, and he has also recently found out about us which has made it very difficult to see each other. She also has depression and sleep problems and has seen other men while we have not been able to see each other. I am devastated by this as I am totally in love.
I currently feel as if I have no friends, I don’t know a single person in my town that I can call up and ask to go for a drink with or anything. I feel like a recluse in a home that doesn't feel welcoming or homely; I live on my own and have no children which gives me nothing to focus on.
If I do tend to start talking to someone who is prepared to listen, I find I just mass-dump all my emotional problems on them just to unburden myself which makes me feel ok for a short while but must be dreadful for them! I have started getting counselling to help matters and am looking for local support groups but the immedate lack of friends is really getting me down

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Hi, I'm Kevin
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 08:26:27 AM »
Hi

I'm not sure what to suggest about a lack of local friends but you can certainly unload here as much as you want or need :) xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Raven

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:02:08 AM »
Hello from another newbie. I'm sorry that I don't have anyting better to say, but sometimes a hello and a smile can work wonders.

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:30:51 AM »
Hello Kevin and welcome. You are going through a very difficult time and feelings of isolation are very difficult to cope with every day. I hope you find some community here, we will all support you as much as we can.

dlg78

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 08:09:54 PM »
Hi Kevin

You story echoed similar things to my own life, notably the lack of friends.

I hope that this place helps you, it's ok to talk and I think people here will listen and help if possible.

Dave