Author Topic: Quetiapine and weight loss?  (Read 4549 times)

Munchroom

• Karma Group
Quetiapine and weight loss?
« on: April 18, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »
I've read a lot of stories about people that are on Quetiapine 'binge' eating shortly after taking their medication because it causes such an increase in appetite... luckily, this hasn't really happened to me. My appetite has increased a little, but that could be down to a number of things.

My question is though... does Quetiapine make it harder for you to lose weight? I.e. once you have gained a few pounds, its incredibly hard to shift whilst taking the medication?

I'm going to talk to my phsyciatrist about coming off of it next week anyway as I feel that it hasn't done anything to help with my anxiety (I've been on it since November last year and if anything, I'm more anxious  :-\) But I'm just curious to know what you guys think about it - or anti depressants/anti phsycotics and weight loss in general.

Thanks  :) xx

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 06:30:36 PM by Munchroom »
This too shall pass.

Got

• Karma Group
Re: Quetiapine and weight loss?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:21:53 AM »
I could be very wrong, but I've got the notion in my head that quetiapine increase lipid storage...following that line of thought, I'd say yes..it would make it harder to loose weight.

But you Munchroom...shoudl not be worrying about loosing weight as you have  lovely figure, and even with extra weight you would still look nice

Steve XX

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:43:02 AM »
Thankyou Stevie xx

I was thinking something along those lines too, or something about how it has vast changes on out metabolic rate. Either way, its not good news for shifting a bit of weight easily!

This too shall pass.

lightenup

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 09:30:04 PM »
Hi Munchroom, I was put on Quietapine and as you say it did nothing if not add to my anxiety and worse I have put on weight as I am being treated for very high cholesterol and Lipids, and my meds are quite intensive for these, it not only has increased my readings but my Dr was unhappy with my ECG readings and informed my Physchiatrist and I was immediately taken off them.  Sometimes I wonder if I would be better throwing all this s**t in the bin  "£" I am so so sick of all this crap.  The old feelings of not wanting to be here anymore are creeping back in and scaring me "£$

Have you got an ECG done, this is compolsery when on Quietapine? 
Poor is the person who takes pleasure out of the persecution of others

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 10:52:59 PM »
Lightenup &*( that sounds awful. I too am at the point where I just want to throw all my meds away, but I can't see my doctor agreeing to that and the Quetiapine seems to be the less effective of the two so I'm gonna try and get off of it.

No-one has ever mentioned an ECG to me? Mind you I was told to try the Quetiapine because it was one that wouldn't cause me to gain weight! :/ So, I'm starting to wonder.... I haven't noticed my heart racing or skipping beats or anything though, so I guess thats a positive.

Thankyou for your reply, I really hope you get your meds sorted soon xx
This too shall pass.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 02:15:42 AM »

I am in agreement that your heart beating normally is a good sign.

lightenup

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 08:54:17 PM »
I had no symtoms of any kind, it was routine ECG aparently when taking quietapine, Just take care x
Poor is the person who takes pleasure out of the persecution of others

travis1411

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 04:51:46 AM »
 Using a lower dosage of Seroquel for weight loss is one option for controlling your weight. It is not advisable to have in large quantity as it has lots of side effects. The Fimbriata is found in India and Africa. Fimbriata acts as an Appetite Suppressant. It enhances energy. It helps regulate blood glucose levels. It quenches thirst which may be employed by folks whereas partaking in work all day long and in want of energy.

Link removed for this reason when I clicked on it:
Reported Attack Page!
This web page at www.eslimaluma.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:54:17 AM by Pip »