Author Topic: Hi All, this is me:)  (Read 1675 times)

AliMcBeer

• Karma Group
Hi All, this is me:)
« on: March 13, 2011, 05:18:06 PM »
Well im new to the forum, so hello there:p  i was diagnosed with depression in 2007, i left my last job because of it, as i felt that had a bearing on how i was feeling at the time. after 8 months i started a new job, which i love, and have been quite happy there until october time ahen i knew i was falling into depression again. however since being off work this time, i have come to realise that i dont have ''boughts'' of depression, which is how i was seeing it, i actually have depression and have had all along, i just got a bit better at coping with it until this hit me and i needed medication. those first couple of years i had no medication as i thought it was just something i had to ''pull myself out of'', but now know its not something you can get out of that easily, if it was do people not think we would?!? My challenge now is to learn how to live with it, and im struggling a bit with this. I also have had the news form work that i could lose my job if they dont get a back to work date soon, also ive found out my daughter has been self harming partly cos of her relationship with her dad, (were not together, ive been married to someone else for 9 years) and hes blaming me, and to top it off i had a termination 5 weeks ago when i found out i was pregnant, it wasnt planned, however, how cuold i take care of a baby when i cant take care of myself!?!? and now i hate myself for it. So right now i cant see the light at the end of the tunnel, but i know its there. I just want to go somewhere on my own to sort myself out, but obviously i cant leave my daughter. im not getting time to help me cos im constantly needed by everyone else. Im at a bit of a loss really, i want to go back to work so i dont lose my job, but i know thats not the right thing to do at the moment, my job needs alot of concentration working in a medical lab, i cant afford to make mistakes. Apart from this im actually a happy go lucky person lol so thats me in a nutshell :)

lightenup

• Karma Group
Re: Hi All, this is me:)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 06:23:43 PM »
Hi Ali a big  !"£ to the forum, gosh your having a lot to deal with at the moment!!! even if you where well.  The work crisis is crap at the moment as everyone is using this as leverage, technically if your unwell with depression and your company gets rid of you, you would have grounds for unfair dismissal.  However not to alarm you, most firms are not so stupid and would try to get around it.  Seek advice on this issue. 

It has taken a very strong women to make the descision to have an abortion, and please try to not beat yourself up about.  You know your reasons are well founded.  Regarding your daughter all you can do is support her as best you can, and try and get herself some support, and never blame your ex-husband to her, can you talk to him regarding your daughters problems? 

The big problem with everybody needing you is when you are dependable they will always put more upon you, sounds like you need a bit of time out.  You need to try and focus on yourself a little more to get yourself in a better place.  Everything I know just seems twice as hard to do when your unwell.  Wish I could offer you more help big hugs
Poor is the person who takes pleasure out of the persecution of others

AliMcBeer

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 11:16:02 AM »
Thanks Lightenup:) yea its all a big mess but im trying to prioritise the mess as well i can and trying not to worry about some stuff i have no control over, its all i can do. The ex isnt very supportive either, he was mentally abusive for the 7 years i was with him, and this is exactly whats hes doing to beth. He blames everyone but himself, so ive stopped the contact completely for the time being until she feels strong enough to maybe see him just for a little while, but that will be her descision when it comes to it. I cant worry about losing my job either, it would be awful financially as im the main breadwinner, but i cant do anything about it so im trying not to worry about that too, think if i did that would just be it for me,, so im seeing that as the least of my problems. coming on here and being able to relate to others is such a relief, and it makes me feel a little useful that my experiences might be able to help others. sometimes its good to know were not completely alone. :)

Ezel

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 10:31:01 PM »
 (*( and  !"£

bel

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 12:35:25 PM »
 (*(

I second everything lightenup said. You're definitely not alone, hope the forum helps you. All the best, bel