Author Topic: Hey everyone, another new guy.  (Read 1352 times)

AMDS

Hey everyone, another new guy.
« on: June 24, 2012, 10:37:30 PM »
I'm relatively young considering, but I'm in a point in my life where I find it really hard to get through every day. I have a wonderful girlfriend, friends and family that love me, but no matter whatever happens I constantly feel awful. Sometimes its a passive thing, I just find it hard to get through the day, but occasionally I have periods where it gets really bad and self harm and suicide are the only things on my mind. I don't think I'm ever going to seriously consider ending it all, but just the thoughts alone scare me. I've been in one of these hard times recently and I think its put a real strain on my relationship; we've started arguing more frequently than we have ever before, but we had a serious conversation last night and I'm going to try councelling again for our relationship's sake. I just don't feel like I have any use anymore and constantly feel overwhelmed by pressure of exams, university placements, money problems and trying to keep the girl I love. I know there are many people worse off than me in the world, but when my mind is in that mood, I just want to crawl up into a corner and ignore the world. Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and that I hope talking things through with people and trying to help other people in similar situations will be good for everybody. Thanks. :)

Ezel

Re: Hey everyone, another new guy.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:47:47 PM »
 _)_ and +_+ your feelings are just as important as anybody else's.  Depression is often misunderstood but it is very real.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:48:36 PM »
 )-_ hello and welcome to the forum.  Everyone here understands depression. We are a friendly bunch and we will help and support you where we can.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Ducky

• Karma Group
    • Mandalay Emporium
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 07:29:25 AM »
I'm also new here though not new to depression, sadness, anxiety, etc. They can all set in at any age, any time, so don't be hard on yourself that you are "too young" to feel depressed or to not be able to cope. I guess your first port of call must be your GP - if they are a compassionate one au fait on depression; if not, find one that is.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 09:14:46 AM »
Hi and welcome, have you seen your GP about getting on some meds?

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

whiteadder

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 11:42:10 AM »
Welcome  _+_
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

KateG

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 12:53:54 PM »
Hi and welcome

tharidler

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »
hi amds
sorry to read your post and to see you struggling at a young age having said that it may just be that you are tuned into yourself as myself and many others only get diagnosed after years of struggling and not knowing what was wrong. my depression had been with me 10-15 years gradually building itself i think that zaf is right you should if you haven't already talk to your gp .money,uni and relationships are a heady mix so you need to think about yourself before others i know that sounds selfish but when you are well then you can think of others but now you need to concentrate on you the people here are always kind and willing to listen so welcome and good luck
"It doesn't matter how slow you go, as long as you don't stop!"
-- CONFUCIUS

pinkphoenix

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 06:32:54 AM »
Hello and Welcome. You'll get the right support here :)

Emma xx
Maktub - It is written