Author Topic: Hi I am new here!  (Read 2308 times)

sandy

Hi I am new here!
« on: December 12, 2009, 10:52:41 AM »
Hi everyone,
My name is Sandy, I am 34 years old! I have struggled with depression since a child!
My dad abused me in a way that a dad should not! My mum would hit me! I was in a 14 year abusive marriage! I am now free of that for 5 years! He nearly killed me! But i am here to tell the story! Thanks to good friends!
I have battled with self doubt. worthless, feeling dread! I have self harmed and on a couple occasions tried to take my own life! I was put onto anti depressants but none have worked at all!
I have type 2 diabeties, I have also got NEAD(non eperleptic associated disorder) I have seizures because my brain can't cope!
I have this last year been told that i am losing my eyesight! Hopefully not fully!
I am so depressed right now! I have a great boyfriend! But i am feel that the world is on my shoulders and that life is hard work! I break into tears for the most smallest thing! It is silly but i feel so alone!
We recently got two pups! 1 standard poodle and Bichon frise! I love them to bits! But i still feel alone!
I used to self harm regular! With the stress of christmas i nearly started again! I went to my local self help group! But it did not help they were just going on about their link to alchol or drugs! I don't like to be in a big group!
I feel stupid everytime i open my mouth!
Sorry to go on!
Sandy

Ezel

Re: Hi I am new here!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 03:01:10 PM »
You certainly have a lot on your plate but you come across as a survivor.  Pets are a help as they pick up on moods.  We had a standard poodle years ago who was the granddaughter of Montravia Tommy Gun who was supreme champ of Crufts in either 1985 or 1987.  These days we have a cat, a daft rottweiler and a lurcher x.  When I have been really low the pets have helped me through and given me the will to live.