Author Topic: Hello Fellow Members  (Read 2545 times)

winkle

Hello Fellow Members
« on: November 22, 2009, 10:19:46 PM »
Hi all, just thought I'd briefly introduce myself

My first bout of depression/anxiety was in 2005 brought on partly by a spell of bullying at my then workplace. It was pretty successfully treated over about 4-5 months using hypnotherapy/psychotherapy and antidepressants.

It came back again this time last year, although to a much lesser degree and without the panic attacks; just a general feeling of being down and unhappy. After another short spell on medication and some therapy, was ok from about April.

It has now returned again, although nowhere near as severe as the first bout in 2005, those familiar feelings of hopelessness, stress and tearfulness are back and I get regular neck and headaches. I have made an appointment to see my GP this Friday.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a pattern emerging: could I be suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder? Does anyone here suffer from it? I must admit I have my suspicions because all through the Summer months I am fine. I don't really want to go back on medication again if I don't need to.

Ezel

Re: Hello Fellow Members
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 10:49:27 PM »
 ^&* It does sound like you suffer with seasonal depression (Seasonal Affective Disorder).  Will try and remember to do some research tomorrow as there are ways to help yourself without taking medication.