Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2539 times)

daithi

Hello
« on: October 25, 2009, 08:38:23 PM »
Like many of you, it seems, I am new to this too.  I've been suffering from depression for over two years - or at least, that's when I decided that I had to do something about it and went to my GP.  I'm also pretty unhappy at the moment too - I draw a distinction between the depression and the unhappiness - which doesn't exactly help.

My basic problem is in actually doing things:  I am managing the everyday stuff that I need to stay alive, and I am hanging on to my job, but much of the time all I want to do is curl up on the sofa and let the world sweep past me.  I know what I need to do, I just can't do it.

Anyway, I hope to be able to contribute somehow to these forums.

Daithi

Seqed

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 09:30:47 PM »
 ^&*

It's great that you've felt able to come on here and share your feelings, I'm new here too.
I can relate to so much of what you're saying, you're not alone.  Have you considered that maybe you need a break? Maybe you actually need to curl up on the sofa and let the world sweep by you for a little while. I hear what you're saying about finding it difficult to do things out with actually functioning.  Have you considered counselling? I find that talking therapies, while not for everyone, help me enormously when I'm in the right frame of mind.  I also found that doing hobbies and crafts from home helps me express myself and keep engaged with the world without pushing me to feel anxious.
If you ever want to have a chat about anything, send me a message and be sure there will be a friend on the other end!

Much peace and happiness to you

Sooz

xx
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:21:24 PM by Seqed »

Ezel

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 11:35:39 PM »
 ^&*

I haven't been posting much lately due to health issues but look forward to getting to know you *()

Pip

moriarty

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 10:11:58 PM »
Hi all

This is so new to me, not really sure where to start. Have suffered depression for what seems like yrs now, and am at my lowest point in life at the mo. Having got through many od's, self harm and all that, i now have the prospect of losing my job. I am currently off work at the mo, and spend most of my days with the curtains shut and barely going out. I feel so alone, and hope maybe i may be off some help to others suffering the same

daithi

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 08:33:17 PM »
Thanks everyone for your kind words.  They are much appreciated.

Taking a break might be an idea - just letting the world sweep past, but I'm afraid that if I did that I might not be able to 'jump on board' again.

Does that make any sense?